-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of f6dro
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 9:44 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 Problem and new elecraft kit proposal

Hello everyone here.
Last week , I posted a mail on this list , reporting a problem with my K2.
Strange behaviour , sometimes loosing all the commands on the front pannel ,

sometimes loosing RX sensitivity , and recovering it by pushing band+ and
band - , I even found the K2 in TX mod e, mode where it decided to go by
itself.
Today I opened the box , and immediatly found the problem origin :

There is a unused RS232 connector hole in the rear pannel. A mouse entered
by this hole and used the K2 as an high cost toilet. I took all the boards
off the box and started to clean them. Tomorrow I will reassemble it , and I

hope all the problems will be gone away.
So U all K2 users , U should put the connectors in the options holes to
avoid this pb.

I suggest to the Elecraft crew a new kit:

K2BUG: ultrasonic  board to avoid mouses , spiders ect... :0)

73 Dom/F6DRO