My experience tends to be just the opposite.  You tend to get a good
schedule from engineering as they often take their best estimate and
multiply it by 1.5 or 2.  This gives a cushion for delays and oppsies.
Project managers and marketing, now that is another level.  They tend to
never want to leave a cushion, expecting beyond all past experience that
things will go -perfectly- "this" time.
-

David Wilburn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]