I built my K2 last year, and I am continuing to get to know it better,
and I am consistently impressed with its capabilities.  Could you supply
a comparison and contrast of the K2 and the IC7000, or just other radios
in general?
David Wilburn
---------------------
Hi David,
I know little of the internals of any radio. It could be crystal filters versus
DSP filters, single conversion versus n conversions.  I like 500Hz filters
in pileups where the K2 gives clean signals and IC7000 gives not so clean.
de Joe, aa4nn

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 12:57 -0500, Joe-aa4nn wrote:
> David Pratt wrote:
>> When all said and done DX-peditions always get RST599 anyway, so it
>> doesn't matter what rig they use ;-)
>> 73
>
> Hank    K8DD wrote:
> There is a lot of truth there.  When you are sitting
> in front of a radio - most any radio - with a pileup,
> split or straight up, there isn't a whole lot of difference
> between them.
> ** unless you are comparing a Heath AR-2 or 3 to a K2! **

I can tell you after 8 DXpeditions using the K2 and then going
to Scarborough Reef with IC7000s, there really is a difference.
de Joe, aa4nn