From: John Klokis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2007 7:16:46 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] from John kb3hqh

first of all I want to thank everyone for replying to my question.  I should
have told you how I hooked it up.  I have the regular k2 cable that interfaces
with the antenna tuner, then goes into a long cable with the serial connector.
so it has three serial connectors.

I plugged a radio shack serial port to usb cable into the female connector that
goes to the computer and thenthe usb connector into my computer.  I had already
installed the software for the Radio Shack cable.

Then everytime i ran the software (n4py) , my computer crashed and rebooted
itself.  Did the software get corrupted in the radio control program, or was
the radio shack serial port to USB cable not the right cable to use?

And what kind of cable the Elecraft sell.  Does it have the three serial
connectors on?  Then where is the USB connector?  Or does it have two serials
and one USB conector.

Reinstalled the software and it worked fine for the jupiter.  Did not try it
again with the K2.

Looking for some feedback.  Hopefully I did not damage the rig.

The rig operates fine now though.

John kb3hqh