Leigh,

Thanks for the update - sounds like Lakeview has updated their product line
since I last bought a HamStick.

At lunch today I tried a brief Ham Radio Experiment, and answered my own
question: took my 40M HamStick base and put a shorty whip from an old 2m
antenna on it -- 9 inches of whip gave a  minimum 2:1 SWR on 30  meters - well
within the range of the ATU in my K1.

It seemed to hear well, but I haven't tried to transmit on it yet, so I don't
know if this is actually a workable solution, but it looks promising. We're
having nice spring-like weather in the Northeast these past few days, so I may
get to try some more tomorrow.

73,
Mike N2HTT