I admit I enjoyed using a KAT100 at FD, but I wonder
how much value it would be at my station.

For feeding my wire antenna with balanced line, I
suspect I need an external balun, that has to go
someplace, and better to be attached to one of the
tuner inputs.  Currently I use a manual MFJ tuner
(with its internal 4:1 balun) to operate my wire
antenna on 30, 40, 80 and 160m.  I can imagine the
autotuner being useful here, but I can't envision the
balun to use and how to attach it to the KAT100.

My other antennas are 2 multiband verticals (80/40 and
20/17/15/12/10), and these are nicely matched where I
operate - so not much utility for the KAT100 here.

So will a KAT100 make my QSY more seamless, and what
balun to use and how to integrate it ?

73, curt