Don

Yes, it really does 'fade out' - but it does so pretty quickly, like, in 5
seconds or less.  Kind of neat,
actually, it would be hard to design a circuit that does this on purpose!

Any band change or power cycle brings it back, and, it even comes back all by
itself, after a while.

The RX is still 'on' ... although I don't know what it's listening to.  Seems
like it's actually going to some
out-of-band frequency and staying there, as if the varactor in the master VFO
became impotent.  I hear
the AGC pumping, as if there was a clicky Brand-Y running a gallon up the band
a bit.

I guess I will have a look-see in the morning.  I wanted to get a few more
multipliers tonight.  Too
tired to work on radios now.  Gee ... never thought I'd ever say that ... must
be age.  Or wisdom.

I'll post here what I find when I find it.  -gn-

73 Steve KZ1X/4