> Yes, it really does 'fade out' - but it does so pretty quickly,
> like, in 5 seconds or less.  Kind of neat,
> actually, it would be hard to design a circuit that does this on purpose!
>
> Any band change or power cycle brings it back, and, it even comes
> back all by itself, after a while.
>
> The RX is still 'on' ... although I don't know what it's
> listening to.  Seems like it's actually going to some
> out-of-band frequency and staying there, as if the varactor in
> the master VFO became impotent.  I hear
> the AGC pumping, as if there was a clicky Brand-Y running a
> gallon up the band a bit.

Similar thing happened to my K2 last time during CQWW CW. And it has
happened occasionally before. Also some other OH-elecrafters report same
issue. I thought I have some soldering issue, but after reheating RF-board
several times and re-doing suspect toroids, it still happens sometimes.
Power cycle, band change, preamp/att cycling or small tap to case brings it
alive. S-meter shows signal level, but audio fades away.

I think some of us would be glad to hear how it can be cured.

73 GL
Jukka OH4MFA
K2/100 #4293