In a message dated 12/1/2007 8:58:33 A.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Imagine what'll be  possible in DSP technology ten years
hence!  Same with display  technology, and networking interfaces.  Who
would want a 10 year old  K3?  Not me!

Since the K3 is modular, I would presume plugging in a  new DSP board would
supply whatever horsepower is needed.  We'll be  replacing boards and software,
not entire radios.

If I get to enjoy my K3  for 5 years and sell it for half what I paid, I
still got a bargain - my hobby  only cost $1,200/5 = $240 a year or the
equivalent
of a couple of rounds of  golf, two nice dinners out or a visit to the
dentist.

Craig  "Buck"
k4ia
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA