> But it's academic, when my low number k3 lives longer than I do, my estate

> will have little knowledge of it's value...and will think more of the time

> I enjoyed it....rather than how many bucks they can get from it.

And there you have it. The thread has finally looped back to the funny point
I was making when I originally brought this up. :-)

I wasn't complaining about the low resale value of my low s/n K3. I was
answering a question about why I LIKED having a low s/n K3 and felt I needed
some negatives to throw in there. So I made the same joke Thom just did;
that my low s/n K3 will eventually have less resale value than a more recent
K3, but it won't matter as I'll be dead -- implying, of course, that I don't
intend to ever sell the radio, so even my contrived "negative" is not a
negative at all.

Ah, these things are always so much funnier after they've been taken off in
another direction and you get a chance to explain the joke line by line. :-)

A priest, a rabbi, and a K3 owner walk into a bar....

Craig
NZ0R
K3/100 #25