On Dec 4, 2007 3:28 AM, Matt Zilmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> == stapled-on ==
>
> Data MD:  Data A
>
> TX line in setting:  20% of full scale.  The output is a laptop's
> speaker jack and the setting reflects the playback volume set on the
> laptop.
>
> RX line out setting:  55% of full scale.  The input is the mic jack of
> the laptop.
>
> RX Filter:  shift it to 1 KHz Fc, and 200 to 400 Hz bandwidth.  Stir
> as needed....
>
> K3 Line In Gain:  set at 1 to 2.  This range seems fine, but it won't
> help to go any higher than 4 or so.  IMD gets worse.
>
> K3 Line Out Gain:  leave this at the default 30 setting.  It works
> fine.
>
> K3 Mic Source:  Select Line In.  Don't forget to put it back when you
> return to voice modes.
>
> PTT-Key:  I ran it DTR-Off, but you could also use RTS for keying.
>
> Set up at the home QTH is as follows-
> K3/10
> MFJ-941 tuner
> Long wire antenna - 130' long at 35' above ground.
> Two stereo cables - 3.5mm to 3.5mm, both male
> USB:  Elecraft KUSB.
> Digipan 2.0 running on XP Pro, SP2.
>
> I had a power setting of between 3 and 5 Watts.  With PSK31, that's
> enough.

I'm a bit puzzled by this, especially the selection of mic source. Do
you have to go through all this whenever you change from SSB to data
mode? Doesn't the K3 have independent settings for data mode so once
it's set up you just select data and it's all ready to go?
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com