In a recent message, Stephen Prior <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote ...
One more thing I have just noticed - I do have power out on ssb, about 20W
as measured externally, but the power control still does not have any
effect.  On Tune and CW, there is no externally measure power output on any
band, whatever the position of the power control.

What have I done?!  :-((

My guess is that it is something to do with the connection of the screened cable connecting the two pads on the underside of the main board. Make sure you have the connections at the right places. I seem to remember this was quite tricky to get right. I think it's just a matter of rechecking the installation steps on page 9 of the manual (in my Rev A March 15 2004). Good luck and let us know when you find the problem.

73
--
David G4DMP
Leeds, England, UK