Mojo?  My K2 still has plenty of it!  I am still amazed at the contacts I make
with it.  Built in 1999, S/N 0539, is the stock (no mods), not revision B, 15w
capable QRP rig.  It has never been in a SSB QSO, but does have the KSB2
module.  I've toased finals twice and performs well at home, on the trail, or
in the travel trailer.  My most memorable contact was to Antartica on 30 meters
running 3 watts to an inverted L while camping in Northcentral Arizona.

It took me a long time to get used to the superior RX of the K2, and for a
while I was so spoilled, I did not ever operate my Kenwood TS-850S/AT which
also has an excellent RX.  These days, my K2 is my favorite contest rig and run
everything from milliwat to 300 watts (K2 driving an AL-811H).  There are many
things I would like to change about my K2, but can hardly fathom the thought of
modifying my pristine K2.

Elecraft Forever!  K2 Mojo, the real deal.

Mark, KJ7BS
Glendale, AZ
Editor, The SKCC Cenution

---- Goody K3NG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
I was away from this reflector for several years after I built my K1
(#505), just due to email volume and other things going on.  I returned
recently when I heard of the K3.  Several years ago there were a lot of
"mojo" posts that gave you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.  You'd hear of
folks' first QSOs with a K1 or K2 or the gazillion miles per watt
contacts or just everyday yet memorable contacts.  You could feel the mojo.

Does your rig and the operator on that key or mic still have that mojo?
Let's hear about.

72
Goody

--