Kieth,
You state that like it has been a major problem with your K2.
If your K2 does not have greater than 10 watts on all bands, it needs some attention. Yes, the *maximum* K2 power will change from band to band because of the gain vs. frequency characteristics of the active devices. In general, a proper working K2 will deliver the greatest power out on 40 meters, but some others peak on 80. On those bands, I expect a K2 to deliver 15 watts at the maximum power setting. If you set the power request control to 10 watts, the power should level out to 10 watts on all bands.

I know that does not answer about the K3, and I don't have mine yet to give input, but I do expect the K2 power control will be in smaller steps than the K2, and yes it should deliver at least 10 watts on all bands - if it goes up to 15 or 16 watts on *some* bands, that is not a problem.

Darwin, Keith wrote:
Yea, I know, 10 watts.  Or is it like the K2 where it gives 8 watts on
some bands and 15 on others?  If so, what is it on 40 meters?
- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -
- K3 Wave 3 -