Stewart,

What PTT settings are you using for the microKEYER II?

If you have a PTT delay (PTT Lead) > 0 and are using QSK, you
will definitely see some "chopping."  WinKey and microKEYER II
activate the PA PTT output with the key closure but delay CW by
the PTT Lead value.  This results in an element that is shortened
by the value of PTT Delay.  You can compensate for this condition
by setting the "keying compensation" parameter equal to the value
f the PTT Lead.  This extends the length of the element and
restores the expected dot/space ratio (weight).

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America
       http://www.microHAM-USA.com