My K1 is a few hours' drive away, so I can't test it, but my K2
already does Farnsworth recording. That is, when I record a message
buffer, it tracks the spacing between characters as part of
the memorization process. I just tried this with big gaps and it
works a treat.

Brett - try it on your K1 and see what happens. I bet you can come
up with something that works for you. I recorded big gaps with
the keyer set at 18 and turned it up to 30wpm and still get
(relatively) big gaps.

73 de chris K6DBG