While I have not placed an order for a K3 yet, I read with interest about the
features and experiences new users are having with this rig.

I have an idea for a new feature, for Eric, Wayne and the others to think
about.  Now that the K3 can read and display the LC settings for the
internal autotuner, wouldn't it be neat to be able to calculate the
corresponding antenna impedance at the given frequency (Z = R +jX)?

Another, related feature, would be an indicator that would show if the
antenna impedance at a given antenna connector and a given frequency is
substantially different from last time.  Perhaps a just a brief message like
"New ant Z".  This would be useful to determine quickly if something has
changed in the antenna system (bad connection, water in the coax, etc.).
When using an autotuner one may miss this and continue as long as the tuner
fixes the mismatch.  Of course we may debate what is a "substantially
different" Z, but I wonder what others think of the idea...

73 - Kristinn, TF3KX