I bought the Heil Proset to go with my K3 - I'm very pleased with it and
would like to use it with my FT-857 on 2m (until I've got my XV144 built).

Can anyone give me information about the bias settings of the K3?
And possibly suggest how I go about biasing this with the FT-857. I can make
an interface cable for the RJ45 that the 857 uses (in fact have already made
one for the Heil HM10), but I'm not sure how to go about biasing the Mic. In
fact, I know little about Electret mics (some reading coming up I think).

73 de M0XDF / K3 #174, HexKey #375
--
A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives the rose.
-Chinese proverb