The cool part is that I can plug my $8 computer headset into the K3, switch to VOX and sit back in my chair and not touch a thing. My contacts have stated that my cheap headset does not have quite the sound quality of my Heil #5, but that it sure is decent enough for a rag chew. I agree. The VOX sure is smooth.

Doug -- K0DXV

Dave Larson wrote:
I just finished over an hour ragchew session with some locals on 10 meter SSB using VOX. I have never operated a rig with a VOX that works as smooth and slick as the one that exists on my K3.

Dave, K8AA