Gentlemen,

I do not think this program is a bad idea and not withstanding comments from the cw purists, it could actually increase the number and proficiency of cw operators. When I was just starting out and struggling with 22 wpm, contesters running at 35+wpm just blew me away. I recall sitting on their frequencies trying to decipher their SS exchange....maybe listening to 5 or more Qs to figure out what number, what Sec, what CK, etc? If a beginner can decipher via software, while listening, isnt' that a learning experience? I am an avid cw op, participate in many contests and have been a guest operator (40m) during CQWWCW at K3LR's super station. Who among us would not love for more beginners to show up during those sloooooooooww periods on Sunday afternoon? How many times have you hit F1, just waiting for new blood. If a guy, using the program can work me quickly using this program, move on to the next, etc, then his/her enjoyment will also increase and maybe, just maybe, be the impetus to learn, practice and participate in future cw events.
Ciao,
Tom
CX7TT/K6CT