With respect Dan I must agree with Julian G4ILO. As I see it, and to use your example, DSP and beams are the weapons used during the hunt, but the hunter must also know when to hunt, where to hunt and know how to approach the prey, skills gained through experience (apology to any DX who might read this!). The weapons can be purchased, but once you start to replace the skills with some form of 'automatic' system or crutch I believe that much of the appeal in working DX is lost. DX Clusters are bad enough IMHO.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD
(Who has been hunted)

Romanchik Dan  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's all a matter of where you draw the line. This is just more
technology, and technology is **supposed** to make things easier.
Following your line of reasoning, we'd have to disqualify those using
DSP  or beam antennas because it makes DXing harder for those that
don't have them.

73!

Dan KB6NU