Phil Kane wrote:

  My concern is with non-linear components in the KAT100 RF path
  that would generate harmonics and negate the advantage of the
  filter. Sampling diodes, as in a SWR bridge, are always suspect.
  If this is to be a problem, I would have to get a second filter,
  one for each antenna, which is something that I really don't want
  to do unless I have to.

This is an interesting question, because it brings back memories of the good old days when everyone needed an LP filter because of VHF TVI!

Keep in mind that the diodes in the KAT100 are before the tuning elements, so that insofar as the L network acts as a LP filter it will reduce the harmonics generated by the diodes. But this will probably depend on the band and the impedance the KAT100 is working into.

Also keep in mind that the LP filter is designed to work into a 50 ohm resistive load and will be either lossy or ineffective if the impedance seen on the antenna side of the KAT100 varies much from this.

So I would put the LP filter before the KAT100 to deal with any harmonics generated in the K2, and hope that the tuner will eat anything the diodes make.

Do you really have harmonic VHF TVI with the K2?

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco