While waiting for the bugs to be worked out of the K3, I ordered
a K1 for 80 and 40 meters. The 80 meter parts are backordered
for a week or so, but I have some questions about the rig.

Is it not possable to get a 4 band one with 80,40,20,and 15
meters on it?
If not, what is the reason?

My main reason for getting the K1 is so I can use it in the den to rx
some cw for practice, without running off to the ham
shack and ignoring my wife.
She can watch TV while I copy code with walkman
style headphones.

I read all the reviews, and they are very good.
If I make the tuning range 100kc, will the tuning rate
be too fast?
The K1 seems very analog (with computer control), and
I wonder if it works better in some respects then the K2?

I would guess the K1 is free from the odd noise the K2
made at times when tuning, and frequency shifts between filter settings,
and maybe the vfo is cleaner then DDS stuff?

Brett
N2DTS