Lee Buller wrote:

Uh...when I was working Ducie, the DUAL-WATCH feature of my 756PROII
came in real handy, and I understand the "stock" K3 cannot do that.
From reading the manual, to operate split that "B" is the Xmit and
you can listen on "B" by using the REV button and holding it to
listen.

Is that correct?  And, for those people who use a K3, how did that
work for you?  Is it a clean operation?

Yes, that's how it works. You can use one hand to hold the REV button and turn the knob, with a little practice.

It works as well as any radio with a single receiver can. You can switch back and forth rapidly, but you can't listen to both VFOs at the same time.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco