>Anyone who has spent anytime at all listening to the VP6DX operaton
>knows that "solardx"'s eham review is either bogus or he happened to
>get a bad radio. I suspect he is an ICOM "operative".

To me, it sounds like an Icom retailer with a LARGE stock.

E-ham should not accept anonymous reviews, and request the serial number to
be stated in it.

BTW, just worked VP6DX on 40 meters from Italy, barefoot (100W) with my
vintage Drake S line and a cushcraft vertical. They heard me on my third
attempt, and i got them S5 while i was expecting S2. I just sold my Icom
781, since my K3 is on the way. I paid for it on Friday.

Cheers,
IK4YNG Paolo