Since the K3 is at the top of the list now and the K2 isn't far behind, I've been wondering how the numbers really affect what we hear. If a ham were to sit down in front of all the top rigs, blind folded and not allowed to touch them, would he or she be able to pick out the one with the best receiver by just using his or her ears? Lets assume that this ham has good hearing and that every rig is set the same. I realize that people have different reasons for picking a rig and that it isn't always based on lab tests otherwise we would all own the same rig assuming money is not a factor :-) But is there really a difference in the lab numbers as close as they are or are we just chasing numbers?

Gary,
N7HTS