Those receive figures shouldn't come as a surprise, myself and our German colleagues posted similar figures some time ago.

I don't agree with their findings about the K3 being suitable for use on Amtor. I can get mine to work on the bench to a TS480 but actual side by side on air comparisons give an excessive number of re-tries when the K3 is the "master" station. These are regardless of drive levels, timing settings, SYNCH mode enabled, fast AGC, hardware AGC mod, etc. The situation is the same on Pactor. I've had to keep my TS-480 on the bench alongside the K3 for ARQ data modes, which is irritating. Terminal units are KAM Plus (v7) and SCS PTC-IIex (v3.8).

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80