Am I missing  something?

k4ia
Buck

In a message dated  2/29/2008 2:33:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>  There was a suggestion the internal two tone test oscillator gives
>  better results by some 3dB than can be obtained by feeding an external
>  two tone into the K3... That would put the above figures at about the
>  same as the ARRL measurements.

If you have CMP set to 0, set the external  2-tone oscillator (Elecraft
2T, of course) to a reasonable output level, and  adjust MIC GAIN so you
get full power but little or no ALC action, the IMD  is the same as with
the internal two tone test oscillator.

Or at  least it is so reported today at one of the Elecraft  labs!

73,

Lyle  KK7P

Elecraft web page:  http://www.elecraft.com