Jerry,

> Thanks, Bill.... When you get down to the component level....
> or even the board level.... I'm sure much has to sourced
> offshore.

When you are talking about board level contract manufacturing,
the costs for "on shore" vs. "off shore" are nearly identical.
Since the equipment is the same regardless of location and
automated manufacturing requires so little unskilled labor
the only real cost advantage off shore is real estate lower
environmental standards which are generally lost doe to the
significantly higher transportation and logistics costs.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV