Here is what I just timed (10 measures each category)

Using the Keypad entry method previously described (VFO A/B - touch
the ENTER FREQ button, touch the keys for the discrete QRG - touch the
"enter" button - and touch VFO A/B button again to get back on the
right RX frequency).  Any amount of frequency excursion (1 kc or
200kc) took me, on average 4.9 seconds.

Using the Coarse/Fine button and "dialing in" using VFO B knob - for
frequency excursions greater than 25kc, on average = 10.9 seconds.
Methodology: Hit the coarse/fine button, use VFO B dial to dial in
"close" to the QRG, hit the coarse/fine fine button and finish tuning
in to the exact QRG.

Just using VFO B for frequency excursions less than 10kc...and dialing
in to the exactly QRG (obviously somewhat proportional to the total
amount of excursion), on average = 6.3 seconds.  [no use of
coarse/fine button]

So for maximum speed, use the keypad method.

de Doug KR2Q
PS...with appreciation to my younger daughter (12th grade) who was
kind enough to use her stopwatch to time me and call out frequencies
to go to.