Have you ever written installation or assembly instructions?  Try it.  It is
not easy.  Writing styles between people are different and technical writing is
an art.  I don't believe any two people do it the same way or with the same
precision and clarity.

I've been writing an assembly manual for a large model rocket kit and it has
taken me over 6 months and several revisions to date.
--
Mark, KJ7BS
Glendale, AZ

---- John Hoaglun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
I am in the process of building my K2. This is my second Elecraft Kit
(XV222 being the other one.)  The XV222 and K2 kits have great
directions that are very precise and call out the details of the
resistor color codes, the exact details of the capacitors, and other
items very well.

What the heck happened to the KSB2 kit?  I am working on the Front Panel
Board Components on page 16 steps 3 & 4 that K2 book suggests that you
complete before moving on with the K2. The details on the parts on page
16 are horrible compared to the standards that I have seen in the other
Elecraft documentation.

As someone that is working on building a fully loaded K2 + transverters
and starting to look at the K3 as the next big toy the first steps of
the KSB2 have left me with sudden negative impression.

Doing a quick spot check of the rest of the KSB2 manual some sections
seem like they are very detailed and the next chunk of components lack
that same detail. What happened to the quality control on this?

Thanks, JH

--

John Hoaglun
NG0R - EN25