Hi John,

Wow. We've had almost 6000 KSB2s built over the past 9 years. This is the first time I've seen a comment like this. If you are building the KSB2 before your K2, that might explain some of the difference. For the K2 options, we assume the builder has already built the K2 and has more building experience as a result. We strongly recommend to all customers that they build the basic K2 first, before options.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
----

John Hoaglun wrote:
I am in the process of building my K2. This is my second Elecraft Kit (XV222 being the other one.) The XV222 and K2 kits have great directions that are very precise and call out the details of the resistor color codes, the exact details of the capacitors, and other items very well.

What the heck happened to the KSB2 kit? I am working on the Front Panel Board Components on page 16 steps 3 & 4 that K2 book suggests that you complete before moving on with the K2. The details on the parts on page 16 are horrible compared to the standards that I have seen in the other Elecraft documentation.

As someone that is working on building a fully loaded K2 + transverters and starting to look at the K3 as the next big toy the first steps of the KSB2 have left me with sudden negative impression.

Doing a quick spot check of the rest of the KSB2 manual some sections seem like they are very detailed and the next chunk of components lack that same detail. What happened to the quality control on this?

Thanks, JH