Hi Wim,

VOX as PTT for DATA-A -mode works just fine, at least here with my K3 #310.

Please check your VOX GN setting in  menu and make sure
that VOX ( holding  the band-down button ) is set to VOX an not
to PTT. Also try adjusting the LINE -setting ( speed/mic knob set to MIC
selected )
It should work..

BR,
Kari