Todd J Gahagan wrote:

1. In trying to do the reference oscillator calibration(I have the
1ppm TCXO) (using method 3) I can get into the CONFIG:REF CAL menu
entry, but when I tap "1" I can't get to REF xxC.  Tapping 1 seems to
change the mode from CW to AM, the AGC speed, turns on the VOX, and
changes the filter from 1 to 2 but I am not able to get to REF xxC.

I'll answer the easy one: this method isn't implemented in the firmware yet. Just use the method that zero-beats WWV.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco