I have operated transceivers with no ground, with a poor ground, and a good
one.  I never could tell the difference in

over 50 years of operating at scores of locations.  I had RF lip burns on a mic
grounded to a good ground, and I have

had no RF problems at all on fourteenth floor with no ground ... even not on
the electrical supply socket.

Today, I have one ground rod and one ground run to the house electrical box
WHICH IS FED BY ONLY TWO

230VAC WIRES.  So far, so good.

Lightning.... unplug everything and keep the ant/rotor wire entry point far
away from ur radio.  I had good success

with a 1000 foot rhombic by putting the feed line end out on the grass when not
in use 10 ft from house.... Was ok,

but burned some grass around the end during a storm (grass was wet and green).
I have done daisy chain gnds and

single point systems and could not tell the difference.  Thems the facts for
me.

GL,  73

Charles Harpole

[EMAIL PROTECTED]