Unfortunately, my K3 NR and NB are poor second performers compared to one
standard, the SGC ADSP2. I've made my concerns to Lyle and Wayne and hope
improvement will be placed high on the to-do list using the ADSP2 as a
standard.

If you want to experience a very effective noise reduction, always on notch
filter, and automatic DSP results, try the SGC ADSP2 device either as a
self-contained speaker unit or a printed circuit board add-to-your-rig
sub-assembly. There are sound clips at
http://www.sgcworld.com/ADSPProductPage.html but they don't do justice to
the real performance results.

I have both the SGC-2020 transceiver with the ADSP2 (and previously the
ADSP1) as well as several ADSP2 Speaker standalone units. I use the
standalone units in a very acoustically noisy truck and the second unit
aboard an old converted fishing boat with a Detroit 6-71 diesel engine close
by. These ADSP2 units make hamradio possible in those environments. Also
when the boat is moored in it's slip, the S9+ noise from other boat's PWM
battery chargers is completely eliminated with the ADSP2.

The quality of noise reduction is a pleasure to use with no adjustments only
the change from a 13db reduction to the 26db reduction for real problem
environments (such as the plasma display TV set near my hamshack when using
a poor antenna. One is able to actually listen to the audio or CW note with
little or no background noise depending on which level it's set and a relief
to the usual ear fatigue..

I have no interest in SGC only the desire to see the K3 reach excellence in
the NR arena! The K3 is fantastic so far; let's get the NR performance to
match!!

73, John WA6YSY in Ocean Shores, WA