Hello,

Well the day is finally here.

Mark de NK8Q and I de WB3AAL have been talking about a hike on the
Appalachian Trail since last year when we drove to CampMor in NY State.

Mark and I will be starting our hike tomorrow, 19 April, around 10 AM or
14:00 UTC.

We should be at our camp site sometime between 4 and 6 PM or 20:00 and 22:00
UTC.

Our first thing to do is setup camp, antennas, eat and play radio.

Mark will be operating on 20, 30 & 40m CW QRP freq. with his KX1.

I am going to take my K2 so I can play on all the bands. I might be
persuaded to take a mic along if someone wants to make a SSB QSO. That is if
I can remember how to operate the mic.  ;-)

We will be on the air in the evening and on Sunday morning. Look for me
early since I usually wake up ever day around 4 AM or 08:00 UTC. So I might
be calling CQ on 40 or 80m CW around 5 AM or 09:00 UTC.

We will have another 5 to 6 hour hike ahead of us on Sunday so if it is not
raining we might be on the air in the afternoon for an hour or so to rest up
for the hike to our cars.

Our schedule is all up in the air because we have no idea who might be out
on the AT and at the shelter we plan on staying at Saturday.

Noon time Friday the temp was already 80'F here in EPA Land. Tomorrow is to
be the same so I will assume the trail will be full.

72 and Thanks,
Ron Polityka
WB3AAL
www.wb3aal.com