there was a small pcb based training keyer kit, manhatten style, several years ago. Had a tick based keyer, a small piezo spkr, a single switch, and couple resistors. The paddles and everything was built from the raw PCB materials.

took about 20 min or so to make, and as I recall was $12 or so...

Anybody remember a link to it ? is it still available ? Vaguely seems it was a Norcal project kit for the Az hamfest. Doug Hendricks may remember better that I.

Should fit the bill perfectly.

Niel
WA7SSA