I am glad to be born after CW was invented. Barely after. I would hate to have to listen to spark watch after watch.
73
Rick Dettinger   K7MW

  On Apr 26, 2008, at 7:43 AM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

And there's a sample of what the 600 meter marine band sounded like on a
typical receiver of the time. Talk about QRM, but it wasn't a serious
problem for those ops most of the time.

It's a audio file created by W5JN of the OOTC (the really OLD, old timer's
club).

http://www.ootc.us/W5JN%20QCWA%20Ch41.mp3

He provides some narration and a few hints about what you're hearing during
the ten minute program.

Ron AC7AC