Thank you all for your responses.

There are two clubs near me -- one of which I joined last week and the other I
will be joining in
two weeks (just a function of the meeting schedules).  I feel a little
uncomfortable showing up at
a club meeting the very first time and asking people to lend me tools, etc.

Based on the schematic, I'm confident that I can put together the RF Probe kit
that comes with the
K2.  My problem is knowing what parts to buy, where to buy them, and how to
mount the thing.  The
RF Probe kit answers the first two questions.

The web sites I've looked at seem to imply that I need to put the probe in some
sort of metal
shielding (thus the copper pipe for example), but some of your responses seem
to imply that I can
just leave it in the open.  Is that correct?  Can I just leave the circuitry in
the open?  Or do I
have to mount it in something -- in which case I'm back to the problem of what
I mount it inside
of and how to mount it inside (e.g., insulators, mounting hardware).

As for soldering, I've inspected and resoldered every solder point related to
band 2 of the board
(the band that's not working).  I can't see anything wrong with any of them
using a magnifying
glass.  It's also been suggested to me that the toroid leads weren't properly
stripped and thus
are not making connection with the PC board.

In order to test my soldering, I've tested continuity from one lead of each
band 2 specific
component to the lead of the next band 2 specific component in the schematic.
I did this from the
actual component leads on the top of the board, and not from the solder joint
on the bottom of the
board.  My theory in doing this is that in order for good continuity to exist,
the current from my
ohmmeter has to flow from the lead through the solder joint, through the
channel on the PC board
itself to the solder joint of the next component, through the solder joint of
the next component,
and then up that component's lead to the top of the board.  Testing this way,
all of my solder
joints tested out okay -- even the toroids.

To further test the toroids, I also tested from "outbound" lead of the
component previous to the
toroid in the circuit to the "inbound" lead of the next component in the
circuit.  In theory, the
current from my ohmmeter would have to flow from the "outbound" lead of the
previous component,
down through its solder joint, through the channel on the PC board, into the
solder joint of the
toroid being tested, then through that solder joint and up into the toroid, out
the toroid's other
lead and down into that lead's solder joint, through another channel on the PC
board to the
"inbound" lead of the next component, through the solder joint of that next
component's "inbound"
lead, and then into the "inbound" lead of that next component.  Other than a
lot of words to
describe it, I came up with no problems.

Do these test approaches make any sense??

Note:  from reading the schematic, it appears to me that the band 2 specific
components are well
isolated by latching relays, thus preventing a false continuity reading because
the current is
flowing through a different path (other than what I think I'm testing).  I've
also tested the pins
of the relays to make sure that there isn't any cross-soldering.

Also, thank you all for the link to http://www.mtechnologies.com/ohr/parts.htm

Jon
KB1QBZ