-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Wilburn
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 5:37 PM
To: Elecraft Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 USB-serial adapter recommendation

I have a Belkin that I picked up recently at Staples.  It has worked well.

Dave Wilburn
K4DGW
K2/100 - S/N 5982
K3/100 - S/N 766

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

James C. Hall, MD wrote:
Hello:

Well, after trying several permutations to try and figure why software was
unable to poll freq/mode, I have discovered that the K3 doesn't like my
usb-serial port adapters. I have two available - Keyspan 4-port and a
USBGear 2-port. Both have worked admirably with everything - until now.
When
I re-hooked my K3 back to the shack computer with a true serial port, it
connected immediately - no sweat. CW keying was never a problem with the
USB
adapters.

I need to find a USB-serial adapter that WILL work with the K3 in time for
FD. I hate this because these adapters worked so well with the K2.

73, Jamie

WB4YDL

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008
7:20 AM