> I think you are generalising from a single sample.

No, that is INRAD's own specification and is found in the filter
curves on both their web site and in the 8 pole curves on the
Elecraft site.  The same was true with the Fox Tango filers before
the filter line was acquired by W2VJN many years ago.

All of the filers are slightly wider than "nominal" so that the
effective bandwidth of two cascaded filters (e.g., 8 MHz and
455 KHz) is approximately nominal.  Unfortunately, the 8 and
9 MHz filters in particular are significantly wider than the
notational value in the narrow values - more than necessary to
maintain the desired bandwidth in cascade.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV