I could swear that the audio was louder from the left speaker than from the right with AFX turned on so I got out my trusty DB meter and measured each one. They are identical. I think this is caused by speaker location.

Steve Ellington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lyle Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jeff Kinzli N6GQ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] AFX operation

I have recently begun experimenting with my K3's AFX feature...
This is not what I expected. What am I doing wrong?

The K3 does not provide a "space based on pitch" which is apparently
what you were expecting.  That effect is on the list of things to
consider for the future.

BIN provides a fixed phase shift between the two channels.

DLY provides a fixed (but user selectable) time delay between the two
channels.  I use DLY 3.  Wayne prefers DLY 5.

This is *all* what we call psychoacoustics, mainly because we like to
use 5 syllable words to impress :-)  Different listeners react in
different ways to these settings.  There is no correct one; use what you
prefer, including OFF.

73,

Lyle KK7P