Since the AM transmit function is implemented in DSP, it should
be clean and band limited anyway.  I don't see why it would not
be possible to enable the 13 KHz filter for AM transmit.

As far as image rejection goes ... even if the FM filter has a
shape factor of 2 (and it should be 1.5 or so) the image response
would be down more than 60 dB unless there is a lot of circuit
leakage (filter blow-by).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV