Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> Maybe I'm speaking a Ham "heresy", but I'd love to see the ability to
> disconnect all the interconnected functions on the K3.
>
> I'd love to see the K3 controls do ONE thing. That is, when I select
> MODE:CW, I'd like the radio to be in CW mode and not change if I switch
> VFOs
> or bands. If I select ANT1, the radio should remain on ANT1 no matter
> which
> band I choose, etc.
>
> But for myself, I'd rather not have the radio "second-guess" me using some
> complex logic that I'm obligated to learn in order to operate it ;-)

I'd go along with that to a great extent, though since my antenna on ANT 2
is only of use on the bands ANT 1 is no use at all on, and vice versa, it
makes perfect sense to me for the ANT selection to be linked to the band.
The trouble with "second guessing" is that the guesses may be right some of
the time (or for some people) and wrong for others. The issue doesn't arise
if a control performs just one function.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
KComm for K2/K3: www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html