Thanks for the Email suggestions.

Setting tune power back to normal did not fix it. It fixed it for one cycle.
I also had my K3 lockup in the config menu. I suspect some problem with the
new beta firmware to be the cause, possibly corrupted memory or something
like that. I have gone back to the old firmware and the system is working.
The overshoots are still there as you adjust the power control but they are
much smaller.

Mike