I am glad it is not affecting you Lexa - possibly just my K3. I noticed it
while using the key to generate a carrier in SSB mode to set the power level
- a pulse of all LEDs lighting up on the XV50. Using the scope at the 28MHz
IF I could see the spikes clearly. I would estimate 2 to 3 times the voltage
for 1mW, so spikes of up to around 10mW.

These were in both SSB and CW. Also FM for that matter. It only occurred for
the first transmission for a band/mode/power setting. I could get it to do
it by turning the power knob key down. I downgraded to the stable firmware
and the problem went away so I doubt it is a hardware problem. I will try
upgrading again and see if it comes back, that is the risk of using a beta.
It may be a simple firmware glitch particular to the settings I had, or it
could be a problem with my ALC only revealed by the new beta ALC
implementation.

Alexandr Kobranov wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> your problem is in SSB or also in CW mode or in both?
>
> There are no visible spikes on DB6NT 144MHz transverter/25W out.
> Firmware 2.10 now implemented.
>
> 73!
> Lexa, ok1dst
>
> AD6XY - Mike napsal(a):
>> Thanks for the Email suggestions.
>>
>> Setting tune power back to normal did not fix it. It fixed it for one
>> cycle.
>> I also had my K3 lockup in the config menu. I suspect some problem with
>> the
>> new beta firmware to be the cause, possibly corrupted memory or something
>> like that. I have gone back to the old firmware and the system is
>> working.
>> The overshoots are still there as you adjust the power control but they
>> are
>> much smaller.
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> AD6XY - Mike wrote:
>>> I have come across a problem with my K3 driving an XV50 converted to
>>> 70MHz.
>>>
>>> The K3 low level output from the KXV3 produces high power spikes before
>>> settling to the correct level - which it then holds until you change
>>> mode,
>>> or power setting. It also produces spikes at full power ( a few mW) as
>>> you
>>> turn the power knob. When I originally tested the transverter interface,
>>> used an analogue power meter, so I would not see these spikes. I can see
>>> them clearly on my oscilloscope for a few fractions of a second before
>>> the
>>> ALC acts.
>>>
>>> The effect is of course for the transverter to over drive and then
>>> settle
>>> back. Obviously I am doing something wrong here but I am not sure what
>>> it