Nah, voice warnings are not effective. Most of us spend our days
ignoring the vocal clatter pouring from cellphones, tv's , radios,
etc. (CW ops, anyway...)

What is needed is a switched relay on the K3 that would set off a
large fire alarm type bell. And maybe an electric jolt to the chair
seat for out-of-band operation...

Seriously, for people who don't see too well a couple of optional
audible annunciators might be useful.

So tell me, why would a periodic warning chirp be any more silly than
a little "TX" icon flashing at 1/2-second intervals?

73,
Drew
AF2Z