On Jul 1, 2008, at 8:43 AM, Holger Doerschel wrote:

If I connect the new headset the K2 freezes and ELEC is shown on the display. Note: the resisior has not been soldered yet. If I remove the jumper and conect my Heil Proset it works fine.

You are probably shorting out the 5V mic bias supply somehow. Since I don't know how you have wired your rig internally using the jumper blocks, I don't know to which pin you have connected the bias voltage (if any).

If you put the jumper blocks straight across, the 5V appears on pin 6. In that case you want to put the 5.6K resistor between pins 6 and 1 (if the mic needs its bias voltage on the mic audio pin).

One thing that certainly makes this a lot easier to deal with is the Internal Mic Adaptor from the folks who bring you the un-modules. See:

http://www.unpcbs.com/

It certainly makes it easy to reconfigure the K2 to work with different mics.

--

73 de Brian, WB6RQN
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com