On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:05:58 -0400, Bob Waddell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Remember the 20's & 30's when equipment took up an entire wall of a shack?
>Remember rigs like the Johnson transmitter line?...Hallicrafters rx's, etc?
>How about transceivers of the 60's, 70's & 80's?  As years went by the weight
>of equipment began to drop...(no heavy transformers, thinner metals for
>chassis, plastic cases, etc, etc)  Thank God for lighter equipment...I can't
>lift the heavy stuff any more!  Bring on light, small and high tech!
>

>73,
>Bob

[snip]

Yes, Bob, the K3 is truly amazing in both performance and weight.

Thank you, Elecraft, for the sturdy use of aluminum in most of the K3
construction.

For those of you who may not know that plastic we use, including packaging
materials (groceries and all sorts of things) is made from petroleum, every
piece of plastic not used keeps a little money here instead of in the OPEC
countries.

Tom, N5GE - SWOT 3537 - Grid EM12jq

"Those who would give up
Essential Liberty to